Monday, September 14, 2015

Going to a Texas T Party

OK, Leebral Friends (I am using my Texas accent here)......
I went to a Texas T Party this past Saturday. 

Here´s a few pics I took there. 

As you see, this one has to do with Bastrop, Texas.

Yep, home of the recent Jade Helm controversy.

But, before you start sending dirty e-mails, keep an open mind.
It was Model T party.
And in fact it was in San Antonio. 

This was a car that had won something at the Bastrop show a few years ago.


It was representing Carter´s Pig Farm.

There were quite a few well-done cars.

Some looked like they were ready to go on a race.


This one was from 1911.



And this one looked like it had been collecting dust for quite some time. 


But, I actually liked the ones that were not worked upon yet.

Like the one above, with it´s crooked wheels and it´s wooden floor.



Shiny, finished engines looked really cool, too.


In my opinion, though, this one was the prettiest of them all.



That´s not paint on the engine block.

It´s oxidation of the different metals giving that blue and green hue.

Cool, I thought. 
Almost made me want to get a new hobby of converting old cars into working ones.

But, this guy reminded me it was work to keep these guys running.

So, I got in my air-conditioned Toyota, 
and headed out for the International Accordion Festival instead, on the park by the Riverwalk. 

(It was just another weekend in San Antonio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment