Saturday, July 11, 2015

On the other side of the bay from Port Aransas...

is Corpus Christi.

I have to tell you, my favorite part when I lived here, 12 to 35 years ago,
was always the downtown bayfront.



I see that people still come to the T-Heads, to take a break form things at work.

I used to come at lunch time, bring a sandwich and the journals to do a little reading on by sailboat.
The water, birds, and views helped keep the pressure down. 


But, I hear that the price of a boat slip has risen form $79 in my day, up to about $400 a month. 
I can see why there are no longer any of those 22-24 foot sailboats like I used to have.
Instead, this is what docks now.


Anyway.....
Many now come to see the memorial to Selena, our famous singer from those days....



a true favorite of the people of South Texas.



Others come to buy freshly caught shrimp, right off the boats.



And while the fishermen throw off the fish by-catch to the waiting brown pelicans....
those darned seagulls come out of nowhere
and steal about 8 or 9 out of every 10 fish thrown out to them!

Some things don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment